5.3.08

The Pop Off (expect them to be fast and furious...)

Good evening, I have been expecting you. This is the 3rd time I have created a blog thru blogger. All other times (along with livejournal, the Schmib's "blog", etc.) I have fizzled out of interest with this online diary bullshit before compiling even a fly-shit size collection of content. This time, I am not going to approach the need to document my thoughts with such ennui. Maybe.

All the blogs I read nowadays are filled with "new media". Vids, pics, MP3s, you name it... I have always wanted to do record reviews. So I think I am gonna... right here, and I wanna post the records I review so that I can get people to groove to the shit I am grooving to. I don't expect a ton of success... but I am always thrilled to be blog-surfing and stumble upon some record I have been searching for... I get even more happy to see the words of some stranger who felt the same way I did when they played the music. I check out alot of blogs that I cant even read (I am barely monolingual) but I can stil see the excitement in the foreign text about some awesome song that I also thought was awesome.

So I guess thats why I want to do this. And I just like sharing music and the fellings music makes me have, I always have. I get obsessive about putting together mixes. As inconvenient a format as it is, I miss the cassette tape. Something about having that break between sides made mix tapes the artform that mix CDs will never be.

Its gonna come like lightning, I am gonna drop them in all over the place. Get ready.

1 comment:

The Learned Pig said...

Y'all is suckas!