28.4.08

but shit, I do it well, so what the fuck...

I worked like a beast last week. It was good for me... working hard can cleanse the soul a little. I dived into shit; writing SOPs, training guides, etc. Opening a new hotel is something I took for granted when I was part of the opening of Borgata... didn't have the responsibilities I have now.

Over 70 hours.. and now, day 3 of a 3-day weekend of recuperation. I should be working today, but its my turn to take care of the kids when the normal daycare option fell thru. Shame too.. its a crappy day which means we are stuck inside all day...and Char took the carseats. So, I am setting up a new PC... retrieving bookmarks, files, re-installing programs, etc. I expect to be ripping a bunch of stuff I never ripped before, so expect to see some shit uploaded soon. I have been neglecting the reason I opened this blog. I really thought someone would care about my drivel regarding the pop music. Somebody out there is downloading the shit, but no one leaves comments... I feel shunted.

Anyhow, here is 'Blues and Boogie Shoes' the only release from The Keene Brothers... a collab betwixt Mr. Robert Pollard and session guitarist Tommy Keene. I nabbed this from BCO a few nights a go and haven't listened to anything but since. Mature pop songs by dudes who know how to rock and let it out of the cage. As always, Pollard's lyrics and faux Brit accent charm me like no other, but with Keene's strong, but chimey guitar, the songs develop into something more than Pollard has offered in quite long time (read: back to the Tobin Spout glory days of GbV). I hope these two decide to collaborate agin soon, this a remarkably solid performance of adult-oriented pop-rock... just enough Blue Oyster Cult and paisley underground references to make it want to dig into my Pollard crate... so many hits, yet so many misses. I guess when you release something every other month for 20-some years. not everything is going to be 'Bee Thousand'.

Released form Pollard's Fading Captain Series... which brought us such well-received gems like Nightwalker's "In Shop We Build Electric Chairs: Professional Music from Nightwalker" and HowlingWolf Orchestra's "Speed Traps For The Bee Kingdom". Chuckle.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hate music but i read your blog

Anonymous said...

i read it too homo. quit your cryin'.

Anonymous said...

So, what audio is rumbling your eardrums now?